Would you like to learn to surf and/or SUP?
Are you aged 16-25?
Can’t commit to weekly sessions?
Surf Steps Flexi Sessions!!
With this being my first ever downwind race, I didn’t know what to expect, but now, I honestly believe it is one of the best disciplines you can race in. Here is my write up of the 2016 Icon Classic.
The event properly started for me on Friday evening. We had Verity Thomas from Jersey come to stay with us for the weekend, and it was great to get some last minute advice and tips from her for the race.
I raced the awesome 12’6 Starboard All Star Turtle Bay board for this race, and it worked a dream!
The race started in Lee Bay, and took us along my local North Devon coastline, past Ilfracombe, to Combe Martin. That coastline is pretty awesome!
Photo: Ian Phillips
The race started with us all sprinting to a rib out to sea, about half a kilometre, before heading east, down…
View original post 276 more words
Most of you know the deal with Fatstick by now – the affordable stand up paddle boarding brand based in Bournemouth on the south coast. Not catering for the bling bling end of the SUP market, Fatstick offers decent quality products without breaking the bank. OK, they can cater for performance minded paddlers as well (see FS’s Fish, SUPSkate and race range), but their 10.6ft blow up is designed primarily to get all round paddlers on the brine in as quick and efficient a manner as possible.
A double layered inflatable, the 10.6ft is robust and will shrug off knocks and scrapes without hassle. It’s not the lightest of iSUPs and therefore isn’t suitable for long excursions to your chosen put in. Its supplied bag is OK and does the job asked well enough, while the fin and paddle allows SUPers to get straight on the water. We’d like to…
View original post 281 more words
Loads on offer from the only UK SUP magazine focused on the domestic scene – available both in print and digital:
- SUP Armada World records – SUP racing and more from Kent
- SUP of luxury – SUPing the River Stour by Dave White
- Radio Fran – Fran Blake in the spotlight
- Jurassic jaunts – Touring the prehistoric coast by Dave Adams
- Lebanon – More than just SUP by Sarah Hebert
- Picture this… Georgia Wharton interview
- Staffordshire sweep – Chasewater SUP Club profile
- Behind the brand – John Hibbard of Red Paddle co
- Andalucía, Spain – Tati CoCo explores her homeland
- Whitewater SUP – Ben Payne in focus talking WW SUP
- Ionian idyll – SUPing the Acheron Delta by Tez Plavenieks
- Stretching it out – SUP yoga in Salford
- The Seven Sisters – South coast adventure from Neptune SUPs
- Fatstick comparison – Fatstick 12.6ft x 28” and 14ft x 28”
- Gear Shed – kit reviews…
View original post 13 more words
Are you really safe when you Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP)?
Do you know:
-What to do if the wind changes or the water becomes rough?
-How to choose when to ride an inflatable or hard board?
-What equipment to wear and when?
If not, contact me on email@example.com or +44 (0)7941508531 for more info or to book!