- UKSUP 12’6″ National Champion 2015
- 1st Masters and 3rd open men’s (12’6”), UK SUP clubs national race series 2014
- International Surfing Association (ISA) Surf and SUP coach educator
- Surf Life Saving Great Britain (SLSGB) trainer/assessor
- Foundation Degree in Coach and Athlete development (Distinction-Bournemouth Uni.)
Turning his love for the water into a career, he started up Surf Steps, his own Surf and SUP training centre in 2005. He now directs the business, and a very happily married Father of 2.
“My dream of a more water filled life was realised through passion, hard work and vision. I see my role is to help people achieve theirs too!”
SUP (Stand Up Paddle boarding) started to make ripples in the media round 2008. Using this as inspiration Andy starting running SUP coaching sessions at Surf Steps using whatever equipment he could find. He got in to SUP racing due to desire to relive his competitive youth and the positive spirit of the “young” men (and girls) in the local club Bay SUP (2013, 2014 and 2016 British National Club Champions).